Monday 5 March 2012

Urban Environment-

I have realised which direction I would like to go in with my urban environment photography. I've realised that the kind of urban environment photography that I am drawn to is the photographers that have managed to catch a moment in their photos. A moment that if the photographer had waited just a couple more seconds to take the photo they would have missed. I think there is something a little more special in these photos becuase there's the thrill that the photo could have been missed and the satisfaction of managing to capture it. Im interested in the natural atmosphere of the city I am taking pictures in. Linking this back to Bill Brandt's photo 'Off India Docks Road' and how I liked the fact that the police officers reaction was natural and Brandt had managed to capture this.  I talked about earlier how I wanted to portray maidstone in a certain light but no longer want to go down this direction. I don't want to create a fake atmosphere, I want maidstone's natural atmosphere to be caught on camera and portrayed to viewers. My reasearch into street photography also made me realise that I liked the naturalness of the photos and how the people and things in the street happened to be there. Im a real believer in fate and things happening for a reason so this is why I like this type of photography so much because it is fate who and what you end up taking photos of. It's also more fun for me as a photographer cause it's spontanious and surprising. You never really know what photos your going to end up with after a day of street urban photography. So for my final photos im going to take my camera out and look for interesting, out of the blue, natural occuring incidents within Maidstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment