Tuesday 6 March 2012

Environment- Evaluation

I am a lot more pleased with my work this term, than last term. I feel as though I have a clear idea. I have also experimented with both of the techniques i have been taught, colour and black and white film. I have conducted thorough artist research and have taken digital test shots. If i were to improve on one thing it would be my time management. I believe that I could have taken this project further had i managed my time better, however i believe that since my last attempt at this project my time management skills have already increased hugely and I think the further into this course I go, the better and better i will get at managing my time. As i can already see that I have greatly improved. The reason it upsets me that i did not manage my time correctly is because although I have managed to take all my photos and conduct all the necessary research, I have not had enough to print them. This means that my final photos are sloppy and are not to the highest standard that they could be. This upsets me because i have taken so much time and thought into researching and taken the photos but i can not show them off to their full potential. To me this weakens my ideas as a whole. People are no longer looking at the photo but the wonky boarders and the added in frame from the next photo in the negative. My photo of the two homeless men is a classic example of this. The boarders are wonky and it has an added in frame at the bottom which I really wouldn't like to be there. Im disappointed in myself that my poor time management skills have resulted in weakened final prints as I think I had a strong idea that really could have worked.

I have really enjoyed working on this project this term. I think last term i was really distracted with moving into halls, meeting everyone new and making friends and this really lead my work to slip. However this term now that i am settled in, i've been concentrating on work a lot more. Getting out and taking more photos and doing more research has really rekindled my love for photography. Last term i really forgot how much I loved photography and how it gave me a thrill to go out and take photos. I love the whole process from research, to test shots, to developing film, to printing to get to your final image. It is really satisfying looking at a great final image after all the work you've out in to get there. That is why I am so disappointed that my final prints haven't come out the way i'd hoped.

I also haven't had enough time to print all my final shoots, this disappoints me further. However although this is disappointing at least I know where I have gone wrong and i can work on this. It is great to have lots of research but not if it is stopping you from having enough time to print final images. I know my greatest set back is my time management skills, but I know this now and I think the amount of work I have done this term compared to last already shows that I have improved in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment