Wednesday 7 March 2012

Object and Body Evaluation

I am again not completely satisfied with my final prints. For the object print I think my kitchen floor fails to come across as a kitchen floor as you can't see any corners in the walls. I think a way I could improve this would be to haver skirting boards put around the edges. This would create an elusion of a wall that would be more  convincing than what it is now. I wanted to use harsh colours so that it would not be pleasing to the viewers eyes as i am trying to show drinking in a negative light. Had i used more gentle easy on the eye colouring then the picture would be have been more inviting for the viewers and this is not what I wanted from the photo. I purposely didn't have the Sminoff ice label facing the camera because I didn't think that you would be allowed to show a particular brand in a bad light. However i have hinted at the fact it is vodka but having a slogan taken from a vodka advert. Also regular smirnoff vodka drinkers would recognise the bottle from the hints shown. I had  the background blurred so that the main focus would be on the slogan and the vodka bottle at the front however i failed in completely blurring the background like i had wanted. Over all i do like my image but i can see the areas that should be improved which are the things i mentioned above.

I do like my body imagfe. I like the spontaneity of going up to random people at uni and asking to photo them and tehn having to capture their personality in that final photo. I liked the challenge of it because you have to first of all convince them to let you take their picture, then you have to quickly suss out their personality and quickly decide how you can portray this. All the while trying to seem professional and seem like you know what you are doing. There is a slight thrill in this, which I enjoy. I chose this as my final image because i think it does capture the jokey aspect of his personailty. He was already eating the chocolate and he wished for it to b in the photo. It is quite a serious pose but then he is holding a half chocolate bar which shows that he is not a serious person at all. Even in a serious pose he wants to joke around. I think i could have printed this photo better, I think the contrast is to harsh. His body is too dark against the harsh light on his face, I think this is an area in which i could improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment