Monday 20 February 2012

Environmenet- Next Steps

Looking through Brandts work I came across some work he did it London called A Night In London. I believe that these were a series of documentary photos taken around London to give viewers an insight into London. I like the way his work has a essence of 'behind the scenes'. It's like we are really getting to see what happens in the city, what the people are like, the buildings, everything. Not just tourist attractions and monuments because that isn't what the city is only about. Most people that live in London actually rarely see the attractions int here day to day life.

My next step i have decided is to therefore chose a city/town of my choice to document and then go out and take a couple digital shots just to get a feel for uban photography. Then I will then borrow a bronica film camera from my university and take a few film snaps. I want to take the digital photos first so I can get an idea of what angles lighting etc seems to work best and then hopefully my film photos will come out better because I'll hvae had a little more practice. This way i'll save money and time.

I also need to decide what story about the city/ town I am trying to tell because I need to get this across in my photos. The choice of cities/towns I have are Maidstone where i live whilst at univeristy or leeds where I may be going this weekend. I have decided that my choice of town is going to be Maidstone because if i don't get the right shots while in leeds I won't have the time or money to go back and re-do the shots. However I live in maidstone so I will have this opportunity. Also as i live here I know the area better so I will have a better idea of where to go to get the kind of shots I want. On another note these pictures of Maidstone will be a nice souvenir of my time spent in maidstone when I am older.

No comments:

Post a Comment