Tuesday 1 November 2011

Perception

It is clear form the brief that my final photo should represent my opinion on a issue. We had a talk today about how two different people can look at the same photo but perceive it in a different way. "You don't take a photograph, you make it" Ansel Adams. This quote by Adams tells us that the photographer chooses everything that happens in the photo, the angles, the vibrancy of colours, the objects, lighting etc. A photo isn't just chance. So two photographers could therefore photograph the same object and portray two very different meanings from it depending on how they want it to be portrayed. Hence meaning that for my final prints I need to have a clear opinion on the issue I choose and how changing the lighting etc can help me to portray my view. If I am not clear on what my opinion is than i can't expect my viewers to know what im trying to get across.

Ansel Adams

Adam's photos have a very magnificent, romantic quality. They are still life's taken of these impressive environments. 
The light in this photo is generally soft and well exposed. It seems as thought the contrast in brought up while printing. I think that Adams thought highly of this environment. The sky, although being cloudy, is bright, linking with the bright tops of the mountains which draws the viewer in. The river is is in a 's shape' creating a line of beauty which forms a photo that is easy on the viewers eyes. There is a misty quality to the photo that creates mystery. Looking at this environment there are a lot of the trees and high terrain, it would be hard to know what was around. Adams shows this mysterious quality through the mist. Although this still life is shown in an honourable light, there is still darker parts to the picture. The darker, dangerous trees, leading up towards the darker bottom of the mountain. Adams is still letting the viewer know that this is still a dangerous place despite it's beauty. This beauty, mixed with mystery and danger gives the environment a higher respectful quality. This is a very grand photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment